The Winelands marathon is a challenging course with scenic views of vineyards and strawberry fields. The marathon and half marathon start and finishes at Eikestad Primary School. The first part is undulating but fairly easy. There is a four kilometre climb where you gain around 160m but once you are over be careful not to run too fast as you need to keep your legs for the hilly econd half. The marathon serves as a qualifying event for the Two Oceans and Comrades ultra-marathons. The cut-off time for the marathon is 5hr30 and 3hr30 for the half marathon. There will be medals for all finishers.
Stellenbosch lies approximately 50 kilometres from Cape Town. The town is internationally renowned for its wines, restaurants, historical buildings, schools and University. Stellenbosch acquired its name from Simon Van Der Stel who named it after himself which means Stel’s Bush. Afrikaans is the primary language spoken but English is easily understood. Stellenbosch has a Mediterranean climate which is perfect for their viticulture industry and is a town for all seasons.
Places to stay
- Majeka House
- Middedorp Manor
- Lanzerac Wine Estate
- Stellenbosch has so many events for every person’s taste. If you are interested in Stellenbosch why not drop us a mail and we could advise you what to do.
- 06 October 2013 – Amatola Maraton
- 11 October 2013 – Merrell Hobbit 100 – Amatola Trail Run – 2 Days 100km
- 12 October 2013 – The 10th Mutter – 2 Days (85 KM)
- 13 October 2013 – OUTsurance 94.5KFM Gun Run 21.1km
- 17 October 2013 – Kalahari Augrabies Extreme Marathon – 7 days 245km
- 20 October 2013 – Constantia Grape Run 21.1km
- 26 October 2013 – Crazy Store 1 000 Hills Trail Challenge 10km, 20km, 41km
- 26 October 2013 – BASF 32 km, Half Marathon & 10 km
- 02 November 2013 – Bonkolo Marathon & Half Marathon
- 02 November 2013 – City Lodge Marathon, Half Marathon & 10 km
- 02 November 2013 – Ingeli Mountain Trail Run
- 03 November 2013 – Landmarks Half Marathon & Move for Health 6 km Fun Run/Walk
- 07 November 2013 – Fairview Dryland Traverse – 3 Day, 4 Stage Trail Run
- 09 November 2013 – SuperSpar Bela-Bela Marathon, Half Marathon & 10 km Ladies
- 10 November 2013 – Cape Point Half Marathon
- 15 November 2013 – Salomon Skyrun & Sky Run Lite
- 16 November 2013 – Winelands Marathon & Half Marathon
- 16 November 2013 – Land of Legends Thohoyandou Marathon
- 23 November 2013 – Lowveld Botanical Garden Marathon Series 4
- 23 November 2013 – Die Vlakte Marathon, Half Marathon & 10 km
- 27 November 2013 – Sanlam Niel Joubert Plaaswedloop 13 km
- 30 November 2013 – Sani Stagger Marathon & Half Marathon
Interested in this run or any other sporting event in Southern Africa or just plain travel? Why not contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org and let us put together a free quote for your individual travel needs. We look forward to hearing from you.